Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. Hebrews 13:7
| For Leaders|| For Members|
| Remember |
- What does your flock remember you for?
- Do they remember you because you speak God’s Word to them or because you are a smart, funny, friendly leader?
- What do you remember about your leader?
- Do you realise that the ones who speak God’s Word into your lives are the ones who care about your heart the most?
- What is your way of life?
- A good leader’s way of life is that he speaks God’s Word at all times. By implication, he lives according to it.
- Is it exemplary?
- Do we make the effort to consider the outcome of the lives of the leaders who speak God’s Word?
- Do you find them boring or is it the kind of life you’d want to live?
- What is your faith like?
- Does your flock aim to imitate your faith?
- Has a member or disciple told you they’d love to have a faith like yours because it reflects Christ?
- Is your flock imitating you because they like you or because your faith points them to Jesus?
- Who are you imitating today in your life? Whatever your answer is, that tells you what you are pursuing in life today.
- What do you want to imitate about your leader? Is it their faith or external things?
- We don’t imitate our leaders’ faith to become like them but so that, in doing so, we become more like Jesus.